Funeral costs can vary a great deal depending on how modest or elaborate they are.
We have the facilities and expertise to offer you a full range of options and services.
Our sympathetic staff can advise you of all current and relevant pricing, so that you may choose the type of service that is right for your needs whilst keeping funeral costs within your financial means.
If you are the executor or the administrator of a deceased person’s will, you generally have the legal authority to make their funeral arrangements.
If there is no will, the next of kin or other family members usually arrange the funeral.
The person who contacts the funeral director and orders the funeral is legally responsible for paying the costs. Unlike many funeral homes, we do not require a deposit to be paid prior to the funeral. We will send an itemised account 7 days after the funeral, with a 30-day payment period.
In the instance of dispute, where it is known a Will exists, the arbiter of arrangements is deemed to be the nominated Executor. The Executor may in his/her discretion appoint a person to make necessary arrangements with a Funeral Director. Such occasions however, are infrequent and most arrangements are made by the Next of Kin.
In some cases authorities in institutions where a person may not have any known relatives may need to make necessary arrangements. This is usually done by the Social Worker or another authorised officer.
Cremation & Burial
Fixed Price & Fixed Service
No Funeral Service
Personal & Customised
Australia Wide Transportation Services
Qualified Mortuary Personnel
Discretion of the Attorney General
Eco - friendly Options
what are the costs?
It is important that you be informed of the cost implications of the funeral choices you will make so an estimate of the funeral will be provided to you at the time of the arrangement once your own particular requirements, preferences and personal selections are known. In addition to “at need” requirements, both pre-paid and pre-arranged funeral bonds can be discussed at any time. This service is free and without obligation.
Disbursements are external third-party fees we incur at the time of ordering from the individual service provider.
These expenses are usually required to be paid up front and are financed on behalf of your family until the invoice is settled. These costs are then itemised and shown on your funeral account.
These services may include:
- Doctor’s Certificates
- Newspaper Notices
- Memorial Stationery
- Clergy or Civil Celebrant Fees
- Cemetery and/or Cremation Fees
- Musicians Fees
- Registrar of Births Deaths and Marriages Fees
- Official Death Certificate
- External Venue Use or Hire Fees including Church Parish Fees
- Audio Visual Services including Photo Tributes, Funeral Filming and Webcasting.
Our professional service fee incorporates all planning and administrative duties involved in arranging and conducting the funeral service to the highest professional and industry standards.
It includes but is not limited to the following.
- Provision for our trained staff to be available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to provide support and guidance and answer any questions or queries you may have, whether it is in the lead up to a funeral service or after its conclusion.
- Planning, co-ordinating and managing all other aspects of the funeral service whether it be a traditional service in a church or our funeral home.
- Completion of all relevant administration and legal statutory requirements including the Registrar of Births, Deaths and Marriages death registration application.
- Collection of medical certificates from hospital or private doctor’s surgery.
- Procuring copies of the official death certificate and cremation permit (if required).
- Preparation and placement of newspaper notices.
- Contacting and liaising with the clergy or funeral celebrant.
- Organising and reserving external venues such as a church, cemetery or crematorium.
- Ordering floral arrangements.
- Managing and overseeing all aspects and details leading up to the funeral service.
- Use of our accredited mortuary facilities.
- Use and staffing of our premises for identification of the deceased.
- Availability of specialised equipment including transfer vehicles and hearse.
- Use of our accredited chapel & lounge facilities on the day of the funeral ceremony.
- Post service refreshments of assorted biscuits, tea, coffee and cordial is included at no additional charge.
- Assist with the organisation of music, singers, organist etc.
- A minimum of 3 trained and experienced funeral staff on the day of the funeral to ensure the ceremony is carried out in accordance with your instruction.
- For funeral ceremonies involving a burial service this fee includes, set up and removal of a coffin lowering device, seating, bollards, public address system and all other necessary equipment required on the day (excluding graveside canopy).
- It also makes provision for additional staffing at the nominated cemetery.
- Bottled iced water is also provided for attending family and guests in attendance at graveside.
This fee covers the necessary hygienic mortuary preparation and dressing by our qualified mortuary personnel, to ensure the dignified presentation of your loved one for the family viewing and identification.
Mortuary preparation is performed at our accredited facility at Port Adelaide and can only be undertaken once all necessary medical documentation has been received and permission has been obtained from the family nominated representative.
Our qualified embalmers and mortuary staff can also easily accommodate country and interstate arrangements.
Tony Monte Funeral Services mortuary personnel are all qualified embalmers and Members of The Australian Institute of Embalming or The British Institute of Embalming.
We're here to help you choose the type of service that is right for you - customised and personalised for your needs.
professional & dignified
This fee covers the dignified transportation of the deceased from the place of death* to our accredited mortuary facility during normal business hours**.
Our experienced uniformed transfer team is available to transfer your loved one into our professional care 24 hours a day, 7 days a week from any private residential address, nursing home or hospital.
*within the metropolitan area of Adelaide
**Monday to Friday 8.30am – 5.00pm
An after-hours fee will be applicable for all transfers required to be conducted after 5.00 pm to 8.30 am weekdays including all weekends and all public holidays.
This fee reflects the additional expense of conducting transfers services on weekends and public holidays.
We can also assist and facilitate the safe transportation of your loved one from any regional location within South Australia.
If a loved one has passed away interstate, we can also arrange for the dignified repatriation to our accredited funeral home. Our consultants will be responsible for preparing the necessary documentation and details regarding the repatriation. If funeral arrangements necessitate the transfer of the deceased outside of metropolitan area of Adelaide or interstate, then an additional fee will be applicable.